About My Gear
I know that you are curious to see which type of gear other photographers use. Me too, of course. After all, it’s the gear that makes the photos, right? Hmmm… wrong!
Yes, having decent gear is important. But at least in terms of image quality, you don’t need pro equipment. Any entry-level DSLR can produce excellent images today. Lenses are a bit more important as their optical quality has much more influence on your images. But the component that really decides how good your images will be is that wobbly thing made of flesh and bones that is at the other end of your camera – YOU!
Anyway, you came here to see what type of gear I am using, right? Well here is the list:
- Nikon D7000 (my main camera at the moment)
- Nikon D90 (my backup camera)
- Nikon P6000 (my wife uses this one more often than me, actually ;-))
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm 1:3,5-5,6G ED VR
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm 1:1,8G
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED (the lens I love the most)
- Sigma 10-20mm F3,5 EX DC HSM
- Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm 1:2,8G VR
Ok, I am a Nikon guy! But I’ve heard rumors that you can actually take kind-of-ok photos with Canons too.