On Tuesday, July 3rd, I was a guest on TWiT Photo, the weekly photo show on the TWiT network hosted by Catherine Hall and Leo Laporte. In case you forgot to tune in live or if you live in an unfortunate time zone, here is the recording of the show for you. Jump right to the topic that you are interested in or scroll all the way down to watch it in full length.
We have had a lot of fun chatting about HDR Vertorama photography, online sharing, building a photography website and many other things. There should be lots of useful information in this video. Thanks again to Catherine and Leo for having me on the show and for giving me the opportunity to talk about my work.
Here is a run-down of the topics that we discussed. Simply click on one of the links to go straight to the respective spot in the video, or watch it in full length below.
- Let the show begin (0h0m0s)
- Introduction of the guests (0h1m5s)
- Dirk Heindoerfer on firework photography (0h1m33s)
- Introduction of Klaus Herrmann [that's me ] (0h22m25s)
- Technology, photography and creativity (0h23m43s)
- Why and how I do HDR (0h26m53s)
- The making of a HDR Vertorama (0h29m42s)
- Where I got the idea for HDR Vertoramas from (0h31m24s)
- What a HDR Vertorama is and how it is made (0h32m36s)
- A nodal point adapter explained (0h44m5s)
- Which lens you need for Vertoramas (0h51m25s)
- How you deal with people in the shot (0h52m35s)
- About tripods, monopods and hand-held shooting (0h54m31s)
- Stabilizing your camera when shooting hand-held (0h58m54s)
- Finding a balance when tone-mapping (1h1m6s)
- Applying signatures to your images (1h4m40s)
- Online sharing – stay true to yourself (1h6m43s)
- The Making of ‘High Five’ (1h8m0s)
- HDR Vertorama E-Book Announcement (1h14m57s)
- Macro photography adventures (1h15m53s)
- Tips on HDR photography (1h18m55s)
- Tips on online sharing (1h20m30s)
- Tips on building a website (1h26m15s)
- Leo subscribes to my website – Yeah! Gotcha! (1h26m51s)
Just to clarify: The thingy with the triangle right in the middle of my face is not my nose!!! Oh, and if you feel that there is something missing in my name, here is an additional ‘R’ for you. Print it, cut it out and glue it to your monitor, right into my surname.
Feature Flash: HDR Vertorama Photography
Are you interested in learning more about HDR Vertoramas? Would you like to try it yourself? Here is my little feature flash for you:
Vertorama (vertical panorama) photography can produce unique views, especially of interior scenes. Learn how to create stunning HDR Vertorama images with my free tutorials: Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots, Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod, and Creating HDR Panoramas and Vertoramas. Visit my Vertorama gallery to see some examples.
There will be an e-book about HDR Vertorama photography coming out soon. In this e-book, I will explain all the steps of the process in detail. Subscribe today to be the first to receive more information soon.
Subscribe to stay in touch and get your free eBook
Shopping CartCart is empty $0.00
Subscribe to get news & updates
Featured Content - What's Hot?
Connect with me!
HDR Cookbook – Improve Today!
- ► Introduction
- ► Requirements
- ► Contents
- ► The Secrets of Hand-held HDR Shooting
- ► Manual HDR Bracketing Explained (NEW)
- ► Semi-Autobracketing for HDR (NEW)
- ► General HDR Workflow
- ► Why you need an artistic workflow
- ► 21 HDR Photography Myths Busted
- ► Creating 32-bit HDRs the Right Way
- ► Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- ► Structuring a Project
- ► Complex Selections
- ► Using Topaz Adjust to Improve Your Images
- ► Reducing Halos
- ► Fixing Uneven Luminance
- ► Noise Reduction
- ► The Three Rules of Noise Reduction
- ► Sharpening
- ► Creating Clarity in Your Images
- ► Adding a Vignette Effect
- ► Adding a Frame
- ► Restoring Exif Data
- ► HDR Panoramas
- ► Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots
- ► Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod
- ► 14 Tips for Quick and Effective Travel Photography
- ► Creative Watermarking