29Shares Twitter 5 Facebook 14 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 8 29 Flares ×
You should really try to get the lighting right in camera while you’re shooting. But sometimes, the light just isn’t right when you are shooting, or maybe you want to achieve some different look when you post-process the image. In those cases, you can fix the image to a certain degree. In this video, I am going to show you a simple trick for creating a spotlight effect in Photoshop to improve the overall lighting.
It’s best to watch this video at the highest resolution full-screen. Start the video below by clicking on it and activate 720p mode by using the gear wheel icon in the player. Then, click the icon that shows the four corners of a square. The player will go full-screen.
Watch the video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
If you found this video helpful, subscribe to my YouTube Channel to see it directly whenever I publish a new video.
You can create images like this too!
I will release a new eBook in May 2013: A Practical Guide to HDR Vertorama Photography. The book explains the technology, different shooting techniques and the entire post-processing workflow for creating stunning HDR Vertoramas. Visit the eBook page to get more details, examples and a glimpse of the contents. Subscribe to stay posted about this eBook. You will get exclusive early access and a 20% discount.
Subscribe to stay in touch and get your free eBook
Shopping CartCart is empty $0.00
Subscribe to get news & updates
Featured Content - What's Hot?
Connect with me!
HDR Cookbook – Improve Today!
- ► Introduction
- ► Requirements
- ► Contents
- ► The Secrets of Hand-held HDR Shooting
- ► Manual HDR Bracketing Explained (NEW)
- ► Semi-Autobracketing for HDR (NEW)
- ► General HDR Workflow
- ► Why you need an artistic workflow
- ► 21 HDR Photography Myths Busted
- ► Creating 32-bit HDRs the Right Way
- ► Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- ► Structuring a Project
- ► Complex Selections
- ► Using Topaz Adjust to Improve Your Images
- ► Reducing Halos
- ► Fixing Uneven Luminance
- ► Noise Reduction
- ► The Three Rules of Noise Reduction
- ► Sharpening
- ► Creating Clarity in Your Images
- ► Adding a Vignette Effect
- ► Adding a Frame
- ► Restoring Exif Data
- ► HDR Panoramas
- ► Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots
- ► Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod
- ► 14 Tips for Quick and Effective Travel Photography
- ► Creative Watermarking