In the last video, I have shown you what the new features of Photomatix Pro 5 are. And probably the most important one is the Contrast Optimizer. The Contrast Optimizer is a new tone mapping method that is tailored to produce more realistic results than the well-known Details Enhancer.
The Details Enhancer is what 95% of all photographers out there are using and it produces this distinct HDR look that you’re probably very familiar with. But the results can be very extreme and unnatural if you are not careful.
With the Contrast Optimizer the possible settings are more limited and centered around a natural look. It has less sliders which help you arrive at a natural looking HDR more easily and more quickly.
Check out this video to see the Contrast Optimizer in action.
Subscribe to stay in touch and get your free eBook
Shopping CartCart is empty $0.00
Subscribe to get news & updates
Featured Content - What's Hot?
Connect with me!
HDR Cookbook – Improve Today!
- ► Introduction
- ► Requirements
- ► Contents
- ► The Secrets of Hand-held HDR Shooting
- ► Manual HDR Bracketing Explained (NEW)
- ► Semi-Autobracketing for HDR (NEW)
- ► General HDR Workflow
- ► Why you need an artistic workflow
- ► 21 HDR Photography Myths Busted
- ► Creating 32-bit HDRs the Right Way
- ► Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- ► Structuring a Project
- ► Complex Selections
- ► Using Topaz Adjust to Improve Your Images
- ► Reducing Halos
- ► Fixing Uneven Luminance
- ► Noise Reduction
- ► The Three Rules of Noise Reduction
- ► Sharpening
- ► Creating Clarity in Your Images
- ► Adding a Vignette Effect
- ► Adding a Frame
- ► Restoring Exif Data
- ► HDR Panoramas
- ► Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots
- ► Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod
- ► 14 Tips for Quick and Effective Travel Photography
- ► Creative Watermarking