Prague Castle - Prague, Czech Republic (HDR)
Before and after
Pics to play with
The story of this photo:
This is a shot of the Prague castle that I took over a year ago. The castle is the dominating building of Prague. In the foreground you see the Vltava River (German: Moldau) and to the right is the famous Charles Bridge.
This was one of my first night HDR attempts. I did not do too many yet, though.
Take a look at my “HDR Cookbook”! It contains some more information on my techniques.
How it was shot:
> Camera put on a wall
> Three exposures (0, -2, +2 ev) autobracketed and merged to get and HDR
> Camera: Nikon D90
> Lens: Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm 1:3,5-5,6G ED VR
> Details can be found here
How it was tonemapped:
> Photomatix version 3.1 (Detail Enhancer)
How it was post-processed:
> Post-processing was done in Photoshop
> Topaz Adjust on the entire image (except for the sky) to get back the colors and the details [details]
> Topaz Denoise [details]
> Levels layer on the water to decrease the brightness and increase the contrast
> Saturation layer on the buildings to increase the overall saturation a bit
> Blended in the sky of the original 0ev exposure to remove ugly halos and noise
> Sharpening using the high-pass filter [details]
Any comments, feedback or criticisms are highly welcome! Thanks for viewing!
Subscribe to stay in touch and get your free eBook
Subscribe to get news & updates
Featured Content - What's Hot?
Connect with me!
HDR Cookbook – Improve Today!
- ► Introduction
- ► Requirements
- ► Contents
- ► The Secrets of Hand-held HDR Shooting
- ► Manual HDR Bracketing Explained (NEW)
- ► Semi-Autobracketing for HDR (NEW)
- ► General HDR Workflow
- ► Why you need an artistic workflow
- ► 21 HDR Photography Myths Busted
- ► Creating 32-bit HDRs the Right Way
- ► Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- ► Structuring a Project
- ► Complex Selections
- ► Using Topaz Adjust to Improve Your Images
- ► Reducing Halos
- ► Fixing Uneven Luminance
- ► Noise Reduction
- ► The Three Rules of Noise Reduction
- ► Sharpening
- ► Creating Clarity in Your Images
- ► Adding a Vignette Effect
- ► Adding a Frame
- ► Restoring Exif Data
- ► HDR Panoramas
- ► Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots
- ► Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod
- ► 14 Tips for Quick and Effective Travel Photography
- ► Creative Watermarking