The story of this photo:
Ok, this is not a space ship but a cruise ship. Anyway, they have a transporter on board that can “beam you up, Scotty!”. I just wonder why they’d build a ship when they can beam you anywhere you want!? This was shot in the Anytime Bar onboard the AIDAbella cruise ship. This is nothing more than a sophisticated door. This door, by the way, takes you to The Wormhole.
Quite a bit of contrast to my previous upload: From a religious icon of the 18th century to a teleportation device from the 24th century. Well you just have to be flexible, I guess!
Take a look at my “HDR Cookbook”! It contains some more information on my techniques.
How it was tonemapped:
> HDR creation and tonemapping using Photomatix version 3.1 (Detail Enhancer)
> Saved as 16bit TIF
How it was post-processed:
> Post-processing was done in Photoshop
> Topaz Adjust on the entire image to get back the colors and the details [details]
> Topaz Denoise [details]
> Saturation layer (master)
> Curves layer (increasing the contrast)
> Curves layer on the ceiling to enhance the reflections
> Vignette effect using a masked fill layer [details]
> Sharpening using the high-pass filter [details]
Any comments, feedback or criticisms are highly welcome! Thanks for viewing!
Subscribe to stay in touch and get your free eBook
Shopping CartCart is empty $0.00
Subscribe to get news & updates
Featured Content - What's Hot?
Connect with me!
HDR Cookbook – Improve Today!
- ► Introduction
- ► Requirements
- ► Contents
- ► The Secrets of Hand-held HDR Shooting
- ► Manual HDR Bracketing Explained (NEW)
- ► Semi-Autobracketing for HDR (NEW)
- ► General HDR Workflow
- ► Why you need an artistic workflow
- ► 21 HDR Photography Myths Busted
- ► Creating 32-bit HDRs the Right Way
- ► Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- ► Structuring a Project
- ► Complex Selections
- ► Using Topaz Adjust to Improve Your Images
- ► Reducing Halos
- ► Fixing Uneven Luminance
- ► Noise Reduction
- ► The Three Rules of Noise Reduction
- ► Sharpening
- ► Creating Clarity in Your Images
- ► Adding a Vignette Effect
- ► Adding a Frame
- ► Restoring Exif Data
- ► HDR Panoramas
- ► Taking Interior HDR Vertorama Shots
- ► Taking HDR Vertorama Shots with a Tripod
- ► 14 Tips for Quick and Effective Travel Photography
- ► Creative Watermarking