Licensing Photos

If you want to use any of my images in a commercial context, you have to purchase a license.

Simply send an email to and describe your licensing request. We will get back to you with a quote or with further questions concerning your request as needed.

Please note that downloading and using any of my images without my expressed written consent and without purchasing a license is illegal.

What is a Commercial Context?

Usage in a commercial context is including (but not limited to) for example editorial usage and advertisements in magazines, newspapers, company brochures, billboards etc. It includes both online usage, usage within an app, on the web, and in print. Usage is considered commercial if it is directly or indirectly associated with generating income for you or any third party.

Any commercial usage of my images will incur a licensing fee.

Personal and Educational Use

Personal and educational use is any use that is not in a commercial context. For example, if you want to use one of my images for teaching a photography class, for your own study work, or in a scientific publication, this is considered educational. In some cases, the license may even be free of charge. If you make any of my work publicly available, you must attribute it correctly to Klaus Herrmann and farbspiel photography in any case (including free licenses).

What do you get in return for the license fee?

Purchasing a license gives you the right to use the image(s) under the exact conditions defined in the licensing agreement. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise in written form:

  • You will not have the copyright to the images! The copyright will remain with me at all times.
  • You will also not have the right to license or sell the image(s) to any third party.

If you require any of these rights, please state this explicitly in your request.

You are in Doubt whether Your Use is Commercial?

Don’t be shy! Contact me at and we can figure that out together.