The story of this photo
Today, I am posting a shot that is not too fancy in terms of processing. Just a straight forward shot of the sort of pumpkins that we have here in Germany.
Halloween is not a traditional German celebration. Over the last few years, however, it became more common to copy the American way of celebrating this day. Today, you see pumpkin lanterns in many places in Germany and Austria, and there are Halloween parties.
I wish everyone a great Halloween! Have fun!
How it was shot
- Taken handheld [details]
- Camera: Nikon D90
- Lens: Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm 1:1,8G
- Details can be found here
How it was post-processed
- Post-processing was done in Photoshop
- Topaz Adjust on the entire image to get back the colors and the details [details]
- Topaz Denoise on the entire image [details]
- Saturation layer on the pumpkins (increased master)
- Levels layer on the pumpkins (increased contrast)
- A little Gaussian blur on the background
- Saturation layer on the background (slight desaturation)
- Vignette effect using a masked fill layer [details]
- Sharpening using the high-pass filter [details]