What is hot right now on farbspiel-photo.com?
Are you on Pinterest and into photography? Then you should check out my brand new Definitive List of Photographers on Pinterest. You can join the list too to become more involved with the photography community on Pinterest.
The story of this photo
A few weeks ago, I uploaded my first serious macro photo (titled: Four in a Row). While that was the first photo I uploaded, it was not actually the first macro photos I processed, which would be the one you see here. Those blossoms are tiny (just about 2mm insize). This is the stuff that is put into a bouquet of roses to give it a bit more volume and contrast. The red background are actually dried roses.
How it was shot
- Taken with a tripod
- Single exposure
- Camera: Nikon D7000
- Lens: Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm 1:2,8G VR
- One speedlight with a small softbox to the left and slightly behind the blossoms to give it some backlight.
How it was post-processed
- Post-processing was done in Photoshop
- Topaz DeNoise
- Topaz Details for bringing out the details and for some basic color correction
- Some retouching to remove distracting dust particles etc.
- Curves layer for more contrast
- Vibrance layer for the orange and red/magenta tones
- Saturation layer (master)
- Slight vignetting [details]